Lured into a false sense of security

This week's schedule has certainly been more intense than the one last week.  During our first week we had the morning or afternoon off each day.  This week we started presentations.  Yesterday and today we had presentations both in the morning and the afternoon.  Great insights but my brain isn't used to this anymore.  Tomorrow more of the same and on Friday just the morning.

Presently we are learning about lectio divina (a way of reading and reflecting on Scripture).  I have done some  of it before but this is helping me understand it better.  It consists of reading the passage four times and looking at different questions each time - lectio (what did I hear), Meditatio  (what does the passage mean), Oratio (what does the text mean today and how does my view of the world change after having read the text) and Contemplatio (what acction should I do in light of my experience of the passage through lectio divina).  The presenter is proposing this as a form of homily presentation.  It can also be used in groups.  Maybe we can introduce it when I get back.  I am finding it fascinating and an exciting way to engage the text.

I submitted my travel plans and arranged for transportation to the airport for our trip to Vienna on Friday.  I have not been taking a lot of pictures but will take more there.

We learned that Fr. Jerry Conway, a priest of our diocese and an alumnus of the North American College died yesterday.  He fell and was hospitalized here in Rome while attending the recent NAC reunion.  He was discharged and flew home over the weekend and had two strokes after arriving home.  We will miss him.  Please keep him in your prayers.  That is the third death in the last 2 weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)