Getting close


It is hard to believe that I will be leaving for sabbatical in just over two weeks.  January 20 will come awfully fast.  I am spending these days trying to work through my list of tasks.  Always seems to be one more.  This week I am trying to work through the insurance preparation to make sure that I am covered and to try to get some additional prescriptions before I go.  Slow and steady every day.  This week my days are fairly open but next week things start to stack up again so I want to get ahead of the game.

A number of folks have asked where I will be staying.  The North American College where I went to seminary sponsors the program - the Institute for Continuing Theological Education.  It has been housed in various places over the years. A few years ago the convent on the NAC campus was refurbished for use as a sabbatical center.  The number of sisters serving the college has decreased over the years and they now have other living quarters.  I can't remember if I ever actually went into the convent in my seminary years but I remember we gathered there before the Palm Sunday procession and made our way down the drive to the College chapel.  A great memory.

I will post more pictures once I arrive but here are pictures of the exterior and chapel of Casa O'Toole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)