Just a few more days

The final countdown begins.  Just a few days until I leave.  Lots of little things are being ticked off the list.  Picked up a few things.  Got my prescriptions ordered.  Started laying out clothes and things I don't want to forget to pack.  Took care of some financial matters.  I am beginning to think I might be ready.

I am somewhat concerned about the government shutdown and what that means for TSA screening.  I've heard some stories about long, slow lines.  Because I am saying Mass at Holy Trinity on Sunday morning I won't get to the airport until about 2 hours ahead.  I am hoping that will be enough time.

I still have two items I want to attend to before I go.  I need to make my Camino reservation and want to try to get an assigned seat on the JFK - Rome flight before the weekend.  We'll see if that is possible since I can't seem to access the Alitalia sight.  I guess I'll have to make a call.

Today we have been celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation with our middle school students.  In addition, we are hearing first Confessions of our second graders.  It is always a beautiful time as these young people experience the Lord's love in this way.  A nice way to end my preparation time.

My family is coming down on Saturday evening for Mass and a "last supper."  I'm looking forward to that.  My sister and husband will stay overnight and then taking me to the airport on Sunday.  Should be fun,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)