Back online and still in Egypt

The last few days have been a wonderful adventure but I have been frustrated in my inability to post - first due to exhaustion.  They keep us moving.  We start pretty early in the morning and continue until late afternoon.  Usually 8 or more hours of touring.  Not all of it involves walking but it can be tiring none the less.  Add to that the fact that I am in sensory overload just added to the feeling of tiredness. Secondly, I have been in areas without sufficient or reliable internet connections so haven’t actually been able to post anything significant.  I’ve been able to add a few things to Facebook but the blog had to wait.

Tonight we are in the Conrad Hotel in Cairo.  This is a change in plan as the hotel in which we first stayed would not guarantee the deluxe rooms promised and so they looked for another option.  Although we are not near the pyramids it is a lovely hotel and I think our last two nights will be comfortable.  Also, the downtown location should help us with ease of travel.  Traffic is often quite congested and slow moving.

I am going to divide our time into a couple posts and add pictures as I can.  I am using my iPad and I haven’t quite figured out how to see the whole post, hence the double picture in the post above which I edited.  I can see the whole thing in preview but not in the compose mode.  Oh well, I never claimed to be a tech genius.  I will probably do some editing once I get back to Rome and have access to my laptop.

In the post above you can see the “hanging church”, the spot where tradition says Mary, Joseph and Jesus stopped on their Flight into Egypt.  The other picture is a street in Old Cairo.  We had to go down some steps to get there but then discovered that the street was open air.  Just and example of how parts of the city get built over as time goes on.

The other pictures are from the balcony of my hotel room.  You see the diversity of the city and how wealth and poverty often live side by side.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)