Fun Time is Almost Over

Just a quick update before I have to be on my way back to Leuven. I leave tomorrow evening on the overnight train and arrive in Leuven on Monday early afternoon. On the trip from Budapest I had a compartment all to myself. I am hoping for the same tomorrow.

Rome has been very nice. The weather has been mostly sunny and fairly warm. We were able to shed our sweaters most days as we walked along. Today is no exception. I took a morning walk to some of my favorite churches in Trastevere and had lunch in one of the little restaurants. The weather was beautiful and lots of people were out enjoying the fine day.

Tonight I am having dinner with Fr. Joseph Hanefeldt who is presently a spiritual director at the North American College (NAC). He was a year ahead of me during my years here so it will be great to catch up. Last night I took our seminarian from Winona, Tom Niehaus, and Craig, a seminarian from Crookston, out to dinner. We had a delightful time. Since Fr. Michael Hoeppner became the Bishop of Crookston there is a new sense of fellowship growing between the guys here. It was great to see.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day with Mass and maybe a walk but mostly getting ready for the trip back to Leuven. More posts with pictures when I return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)