Off on my adventure

When the alarm rang at 3:30 a.m. on Friday I have to say that I was not all that excited to be getting up and ready for departure. But, I got showered, dressed and ready to go. I said goodbye to my parents and drove to my brother's house where my car will be stored. He took me to the airport. Didn't even mind getting up so early because, as he said, he would have beaten his raquetball partners in a couple of games by the time I took off.

I made it to New York where the rain was coming down. My classmate, Fr. Tom Pettei picked me up and we headed into "The City." In the evening, we decided to go to Broadway for a show. By the time we arrived after our bus and subway ride we were soaked from head to foot. We got half price tickets to see "Curtains" which stars David Hyde Pierce (he played Niles in "Frasier"). It was great - fun story and music by the team that created "Chicago" and "Cabaret." By the time we came out of the theater the rain had stopped and we had a drier ride home.

Today we are heading to Connecticut to spend some time with another classmate, Fr. Kevin Royal. The sun is out, there is a breeze and it looks like it will be a great day.

Tonight, back in Winona, my successor will be installed as rector of the Cathedral and pastor of St. Casimir. My prayers will certainly be with him as he begins his ministry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you in Belgium yet?? Have you had any waffles? Love ya, Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)