One foot on the runway

One week from today, Monday, I will board an early train and end my time in Rome.  It has been such a blessing to spend the last three months here.  There have been interesting classes, some fantastic tours, great experiences and a time of renewal.  I am glad I had this opportunity.  Although I will not return to the States until May 6 there is a real feel of transition.  Two of our group have already left and another is due to leave tomorrow and one on Thursday.  Most of us will vacate the premises on Monday.  It is bittersweet.  Today I packed my big suitcase and shipped it home.  That way I won't have to lug it around Europe and can travel a bit lighter.  I just hope I have enough room in the bags I have left to carry everything I kept with me.

On Sunday I went to Mass at the College Chapel.  I had planned to go into town but it was rainy and I decided just to stay.  A little later I met Msgr. Tom Cook, a priest of our diocese who is working at the Congregation for Clergy, for lunch.  We first got together on my birthday which was just a week after arriving.  We both commented on how quickly the time has flown.  Sunday evening, the seminarians of our episcopal region had a gathering and invited all the priests from Minnesota, North and South Dakota for pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw and apple crisp.  Very tasty and a nice taste of home.

I am going to do a couple of posts dedicated to specific activities of the last week.  It will keep them a bit shorter and will be a little easier for me to organize. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

A beautiful Roman winter day

From the City of Lights (and rain!)