Getting close


It is hard to believe that I will be leaving for sabbatical in just over two weeks.  January 20 will come awfully fast.  I am spending these days trying to work through my list of tasks.  Always seems to be one more.  This week I am trying to work through the insurance preparation to make sure that I am covered and to try to get some additional prescriptions before I go.  Slow and steady every day.  This week my days are fairly open but next week things start to stack up again so I want to get ahead of the game.

A number of folks have asked where I will be staying.  The North American College where I went to seminary sponsors the program - the Institute for Continuing Theological Education.  It has been housed in various places over the years. A few years ago the convent on the NAC campus was refurbished for use as a sabbatical center.  The number of sisters serving the college has decreased over the years and they now have other living quarters.  I can't remember if I ever actually went into the convent in my seminary years but I remember we gathered there before the Palm Sunday procession and made our way down the drive to the College chapel.  A great memory.

I will post more pictures once I arrive but here are pictures of the exterior and chapel of Casa O'Toole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekend

Off on my adventure

From the City of Lights (and rain!)